The right bridal jewelry will complete your wedding day look and make you feel like a true queen on your big day. And one element of choosing the right jewelry is finding color schemes that you'll adore for a lifetime. What are some do's and don'ts for color in wedding jewelry? Here are five important things to know.
1. Match Metals with the Dress. Did you know that metal colors work with certain types of bridal dress colors? Generally, a bright white gown pairs best with silver and platinum. Creamier colors and ivory tend to work with gold. The tones underneath, such as pink hues, may further pair with specific shades of gold or silver (such as rose gold).
2. Avoid Too Many Metals. Mixing and matching metal colors can be fun, but you may want to keep this to a bare minimum for the actual wedding. This is partially because some of the metals may not bring out the best in the gown (and vice versa) but also because the contrasts may distract from your overall look.
3. Bring Out Wedding Colors. Your jewelry is a great way to highlight the motifs and colors of the wedding itself. A piece of jewelry in your wedding color will not only be a highlight of your look but also forms a memorable memento of the wedding for the rest of your life. Don't feel obligated to stick with clear diamonds. Make your look unique with colorful gems, costume jewelry, or a statement piece in an unusual material.
4. Add Your Something Blue. Brides looking for a little extra luck might want to have 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue' on their special day. And custom jewelry is often used to fulfill the 'something new'. However, consider that it might instead be a beautiful 'something blue' for a striking color pop as well.
5. Don't Overdo Colors. While you don't want to avoid all colors in your jewelry, don't go overboard the other way. As with metals, too many gemstones or material colors may become too busy for the dress and décor. You don't want to overpower the dress or take away from the attention deserved by the bride herself. Most outfits are complete with only a couple of different colors or a few shades of a single color scheme.
If you follow these few tips, you will add custom jewelry pieces that accentuate the best of your wedding look while avoiding pitfalls in color use. Learn more by meeting with an experienced jeweler in your area today.Share
12 March 2021
When a man makes the decision to ask the woman that he loves to marry him, he begins looking for the ring that will knock that lady off of her feet. How do you know what type of ring to get for your special lady? My site will help you learn about engagement rings. You will learn about the "three c's" of diamonds and how to choose the shape of the stone. Anything that you need to know about buying an engagement ring is covered on my site. After reading through the included information, you will be able to go out shopping for the perfect ring with confidence.